Tuesday December 18, 2018
SNc Channels:

About Salem-News.com


Apr-23-2007 11:26printcomments

Motorcyclist Injured After Hitting Dead Deer on I-5

The dead dear was laying the the center lane of the freeway.

crash investigation

(BROOKS, Ore.) - A Salem-area man received non-life threatening injuries Monday morning when he was ejected from the motorcycle he was operating after running over a dead deer southbound Interstate 5 at the Brooks interchange. The dead deer reportedly was in a shaded area underneath the overpass and difficult to see.

Monday morning at about 7:30, 36-year old Robert Evans from northeast Salem was southbound on Interstate 5 on a 1997 Suzuki motorcycle. As he approached the Brooks interchange overpass near milepost 263, Evans moved from the right hand lane to center lane to pass a vehicle at speeds estimated 70 - 75 mph, and the motorcycle hit a dead deer which was laying in the middle southbound lane. Evans was thrown over the handlebars onto the highway and the motorcycle went down on its side.

Evans was wearing a protective helmet and received non-life threatening injuries; he was transported to Salem Hospital for treatment.

Oregon State Police troopers from the Salem area responded to the scene and hospital. Local emergency personnel and ODOT responded to the scene to assist.

Comments Leave a comment on this story.

All comments and messages are approved by people and self promotional links or unacceptable comments are denied.

demone the great April 23, 2007 6:41 pm (Pacific time)

Damn that was fast,how far did the Motorcycle throw him???

[Return to Top]
©2018 Salem-News.com. All opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Salem-News.com.

Articles for April 22, 2007 | Articles for April 23, 2007 | Articles for April 24, 2007
The NAACP of the Willamette Valley

Special Section: Truth telling news about marijuana related issues and events.

Annual Hemp Festival & Event Calendar

Sean Flynn was a photojournalist in Vietnam, taken captive in 1970 in Cambodia and never seen again.