Monday January 30, 2023
SNc Channels:



Feb-23-2010 12:17printcomments

Portland Police Arrest Homicide Suspect

Gurley was arrested in downtown Portland and was indicted yesterday.

49-year old Patrick Fitzgerald Gurley is charged with one count of Murder.
49-year old Patrick Fitzgerald Gurley is charged with one count of Murder. Photo: Portland Police

(PORTLAND, Ore.) - Portland Police Homicide detectives arrested 49-year old Patrick Fitzgerald Gurley February 15, 2010 and charged him with one count of Murder.

The charges and arrest stems from a homicide incident that occurred on January 31, 2010.

Portland Police Detective Mary Wheat, says a Portland Police Officer was flagged down on January 31, by a citizen.

This took place in the area of Northeast 32nd Avenue and Weidler Street in Portland.

"The citizen told the officer that they had found a man laying on the ground in the area."

Police then located 49-year old Marcus John Chambery deceased in the area.

Wheat says Homicide detectives were called to the scene to investigate.

The Medical Examiner's Office determined that Mr. Chambery died from homicidal violence.

Gurley was arrested in downtown Portland.

He was indicted yesterday in a Multnomah County Grand Jury.

He faces charges of Aggravated Murder and Manslaughter.


Comments Leave a comment on this story.

All comments and messages are approved by people and self promotional links or unacceptable comments are denied.

Chuck August 18, 2021 8:57 pm (Pacific time)

I went to high school with Pat. We both got expelled for fighting one another. Never really knew what happened to him past 1981. Guess I know now.

[Return to Top]
©2023 All opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of

Articles for February 22, 2010 | Articles for February 23, 2010 | Articles for February 24, 2010
Tribute to Palestine and to the incredible courage, determination and struggle of the Palestinian People. ~Dom Martin

Sean Flynn was a photojournalist in Vietnam, taken captive in 1970 in Cambodia and never seen again.

The NAACP of the Willamette Valley