Friday February 28, 2020
Feb-24-2010 21:27TweetFollow @OregonNews
The Census Is Getting PersonalJerry Day Special to Salem-News.com
It is our government. It is our servant. Government can have no authority but that which it derives from us.
(STUDIO CITY, Calif.) - This is an expose' of the Census Bureau. This video itemizes the fundamental legal questions that the Census Bureau refuses or fails to answer about its collection and use of personal information from every American (see questions below). This program aired on Matrix News Network (syndicated national television) in January of 2010.
Without any apparent authority the Census Bureau has expanded it's information gathering activities. In addition to the once-in-10-years Census authorized by the Constitution, the Census Bureau conducts more in-depth "Surveys" of 250,000 Americans every month of every year.
It has no Constitutional authority for that, in fact the Bureau is violating the 4th Amendment to the Bill of Rights by suggesting that Americans are "obligated" to provide any personal information whatsoever to government.
The Constitution allows the government to count people once every ten years, but does not require any American to BE COUNTED, OR TO PROVIDE ANY INFORMATION AT ALL, much less to provide personal information to the temporary worker and stranger who comes to your door with a Census Bureau badge.
Americans have been given very false impressions and presumptions of the authority of government to invade their lives. Even the Census takers themselves are sometimes misinformed of the limits of government.
Once your information is out there, it is out there for good. There is no such thing as a "secure database" in government. Government data is bought, lost, stolen and viewed every day by everyone from law enforcement to criminals at all levels of society.
Spill your life to strangers at your front door or on the "questionnaire" at your own risk. Beyond that is the question, if we agree to pass over our private information to bureaucrats, is there any limit to what they will ask for next?
My reason for producing this video and for posting it on YouTube is that I see so many people everywhere who don't seem to understand that the USA has become something very different than the country of our origin, and we have ALREADY lost many of the rights and freedoms that were given to us by nature (God?) and were protected for us again in our Constitution.
Our Constitutional framers never imagined the spending, waste, taxation intrusion and aggression that our government now commits without restraint.
How did that happen? When our government pushes us we fail to push back so, after many decades of that, government simply sees no boundaries at all on its own presumed force and authority.
It is our government. It is our servant. Government can have no authority but that which it derives from us. But government employees, officials and representatives do need to be reminded of that on a regular basis.
There is a pdf file of the Census Bureau's AMERICAN COMMUNITY SURVEY Questionnairre at: census.gov/acs/www/SBasics/SQuest/SQuest1.htm If you are not disturbed by the questions they will ask you then you are not reading it carefully.
QUESTIONS THAT THE CENSUS BUREAU REFUSED OR FAILED TO ANSWER (from Jerry Day's Matrix News Network segment: "The Census Is Getting Personal") I strongly suggest asking these questions of your Census Taker, especially if they show up with an "American Community Survey" form:
1) The Constitution authorizes government to count people but it does not authorize the taking of private information or even the names of individuals. From where does the Census Bureau derive authority to demand our private information?
2) Is there any limit to the amount and type of private information that the Census bureau may demand and collect?
3) Under what Constitutional authority does the Census Bureau collect information now from 250,000 people per month of every year?
4) The 4th Amendment to the Constitution prohibits government search and seizure of private information without a court warrant based on probable cause. Current Census policies violate that Amendment, do they not?
5) By what Constitutional authority does the Census Bureau threaten penalties for failure to provide personal information?
6) The Census Bureau claims it maintains privacy of personal information. Are there any circumstances under which law enforcement or spy agencies can access Census information?
7) Since presumably Census data may be subpoenaed by law enforcement, may individuals refuse to answer questions according to the fifth Amendment?
8) Why has the Census Bureau decided to collect GPS coordinates for every home?
9) Virtually every government database has been either lost, hacked or compromised. Would the Census Bureau's claim of data security not be an outright lie or at best highly improbable?
10) How would the Census Bureau locate, protect and compensate those individuals whose data becomes compromised?
The Producer of this segment is Jerry Day, Emmy-Winning Producer-Host based in Burbank California. Jerry Day wrote and produced the segment on invitation from the 1-hour weekly syndicated program Matrix News Network. The Census video was produced on 12/2/2009 as a feature segment for airing in December, 2009. Matrix News Network is based in Studio City California.
The segment length is 5:19 and it aired on the various syndicated television stations of the Matrix News syndication network across the U.S. and the U.K. in the two weeks following the production of the segment (mid-December, 2009).
The air times varied because of the nature of the varying syndication agreements market to market. The Producers of Matrix News Network are Kate and Richard Mucci, who also host the 1-hour shows. The reach of the show is more than 30% of American households with between two million and seven million weekly viewers per program.
Matrix News Network is directed at an audience demographic interested in freedom, independence and advanced theories and topics in politics, economics, science, health, environment and self-sustaining lifestyles. Matrix News Network often presents authors and topics not found on large corporate-owned media.
More about the Video Producer at: jerryday.com/
Articles for February 23, 2010 | Articles for February 24, 2010 | Articles for February 25, 2010