Monday August 20, 2018
Mar-24-2008 17:11TweetFollow @OregonNews
Red Cross Helps Monmouth Resident in Wake of FireSalem-News.com
The Red Cross provided Sparks with support for food, clothing and shoes.
(MONMOUTH, Ore.) - A team of two volunteers with the Willamette Chapter of the American Red Cross responded to the scene of a house fire on Old Fort Road in Monmouth Monday.
They say the homeowner, 73-year old Sandy Sparks of Monmouth, was having Easter Dinner with her family when the fire burned her home Sunday afternoon/evening. A house guest was also away from the home at the time of the fire.
The Red Cross provided Sparks with support for food, clothing and shoes. The on-call Disaster Relief Captain, Anita Richardson said that Sparks was receiving additional support from her family and members of her church.
"We are here to help when someone needs our support, but it is nice to know that when we leave the scene, others are caring enough to step up and help with the recovery process", said Richardson.
Red Cross disaster relief is free of charge, made possible by financial donations from people in the local community.
To support this and other disaster responses in Marion & Polk counties, secure financial donations can be made to the Local Disaster Relief Fund online at redcross-salem.org or by mailing a donation to the American Red Cross ~ Willamette Chapter, 675 Orchard Heights Road NW, Suite 200, Salem, OR 97304.
Articles for March 23, 2008 | Articles for March 24, 2008 | Articles for March 25, 2008
Sign Up Now!