Tuesday July 23, 2019
SNc Channels:

Search
About Salem-News.com

 

Sep-05-2006 23:52printcomments

Corban Library, Bookstore Evacuated Due to Smoke

Firefighters said it appears that there was an electrical malfunction inside an electrical room.

fire at corban art
Salem-News.com

(SALEM) - Fire crews were called out to Corban College on a report of a structure fire in a campus building Tuesday afternoon.

Salem firefighters rolling up on the scene reported smoke inside the library/bookstore, at 5000 Deerpark Drive SE. The call came in just after 3:30 PM Tuesday.

All power was out to this building when firefighters made entry.

Firefighters determined the smoke was coming from an electrical room, where an apparent electrical malfunction had occurred.

Firefighters used thermal imagining cameras to determine that a large amount of the electrical wiring was overheating.

A spokesperson for PGE says crews were able to cut power to the electrical room, removing the danger.

Firefighters ventilated the building of all the smoke and PGE was working on restoring power to the building.




Comments Leave a comment on this story.
Name:

All comments and messages are approved by people and self promotional links or unacceptable comments are denied.


[Return to Top]
©2019 Salem-News.com. All opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Salem-News.com.


Articles for September 4, 2006 | Articles for September 5, 2006 | Articles for September 6, 2006
Support
Salem-News.com:

The NAACP of the Willamette Valley

Special Section: Truth telling news about marijuana related issues and events.

googlec507860f6901db00.html

Annual Hemp Festival & Event Calendar