Tuesday September 17, 2019
Sep-05-2006 23:52TweetFollow @OregonNews
Corban Library, Bookstore Evacuated Due to SmokeSalem-News.com
Firefighters said it appears that there was an electrical malfunction inside an electrical room.
(SALEM) - Fire crews were called out to Corban College on a report of a structure fire in a campus building Tuesday afternoon.
Salem firefighters rolling up on the scene reported smoke inside the library/bookstore, at 5000 Deerpark Drive SE. The call came in just after 3:30 PM Tuesday.
All power was out to this building when firefighters made entry.
Firefighters determined the smoke was coming from an electrical room, where an apparent electrical malfunction had occurred.
Firefighters used thermal imagining cameras to determine that a large amount of the electrical wiring was overheating.
A spokesperson for PGE says crews were able to cut power to the electrical room, removing the danger.
Firefighters ventilated the building of all the smoke and PGE was working on restoring power to the building.
Articles for September 4, 2006 | Articles for September 5, 2006 | Articles for September 6, 2006