Saturday December 16, 2017
Apr-03-2014 13:57TweetFollow @OregonNews
Burma Census 2014 & its Major DonorsSalem-News.com
ERC Urged to UNFPA, DFID to immediately retrieve its Funds & to prosecute the Burmese regime and its accom genocidal policies against Rohingya on Burma Census 2014.
(FRANKFURT) - The Burmese successive regime with several disguises have been perpetrating crimes against Rohingya or humanity across the country in particular western Burma, the most populous areas of Rohingya. After the bloodshed that was triggered against Rohingya by state-backed bloodthirsty Buddhists—state designated united armed forces comprised of army and police and paramilitary, radical monks from anti- Muslim movement 969, ultranationalists, self-centered politicians, and thugs—midst June 2012, the bloodthirsty face of Burmese genocidal quasi-civilian regime led by president Thein Sein notoriously became familiar with international community. Day by day, the most unimaginable genocidal strategies of the Burmese quasi-civilian regime is not decreased at any level, but, the systematic persecution against Rohingya is occurring with a vast momentum that is out of comprehension for the world bodies. The Burmese regime massive killing of numerous Rohingya people, kept tens of thousands of internally displaced people (IDPs) in squalid and concentrated camps where life is too risky. International sympathizers and aid workers are expelled, showrooms and houses of aid workers are destroyed, and daily harassment with new methods are taking place. The contribution of plentiful budgets to such a criminal regime of Burma without demanding accountability for their committed crimes against humanity on Rohingya is only encouraging this criminal regime to commit more crimes and make the situation more dire for the so that the regime can get more funds. As mentioned above regarding the several genocidal procedures of Burmese quasi-civilian regime, we, the European Rohingya Council, therefore, demand as below from the major donors of the Myanmar census 2014.
1. To exert effective pressure on Burmese regime to immediately stop its discriminatory law “official Ban on the term Rohingya for Myanmar census 2014” and to re-conduct the census in western Burma according to the commitment the regime made to the world and UNFPA in Naypyitaw.
2. To ensure adequate security during census collection to protect the Rohingya from the attack of Rakhine Buddhist.
3. To re-conduct the census from Rohingya respondents according to the prescribed Burma census law 2014 and to allow Rohingya enumerators since it is to significantly important to save the Rohingya respondents from tricky policy of government designated enumerators. As well as, to verify the census with internationally skilled enumerators since it is too evident that the regime will never let know the world the accurate population of Rohingya.
4. To immediately postpone the census if Burmese regime does not act according to its commitment where it is prescribed it will allow Rohingya to self-identify as Rohingya in the census as well as Rohingya enumerators to conduct the census. The intention of regime is too terrible that it will arrest many Rohingya people by false allegation as illegal immigrants after completion of Census collection since the government designated enumerators deceptively enlist Rohingya as Bengali which is ordered the enumerators to strictly follow from higher administration.
5. To retrieve the fund provided by UNFPA, DFID and other donors since the fund is a sharpest long knife which will be used to kill more Rohingya after census conclusion and to take necessary measurements to be allowed aid workers who are expelled for census only.
6. To send UN peace keeping force in western Burma to save the Rohingya from surprise attack by state-backed armed forces and Rakhine extremists, and to give back Rohingya nationality to Rohingya as of Prime Minister U Nu’s Government in the 1950s.
ERC Press Release
Articles for April 2, 2014 | Articles for April 3, 2014 | Articles for April 4, 2014