Friday December 6, 2013
Family Barely Escapes Home During Raging FireVideo by Jerry Freeman Salem-News.com
Estimated damages are $170,000.
(SALEM) - On December 8, at 2:12 a.m. Jefferson Fire District was dispatched to a house fire on 1891 Steiwer Rd SE Jefferson, Oregon 97352. Marion, Stayton, Turner Fire District and Engine 9 from Salem were also dispatched to assist with the call. At 4:24 a.m. the fire was deemed under control.
Upon arrival Duty Officer Louis Gisler saw that the double wide manufactured home was completely engulfed in flames and he called for a second alarm. Homeowners Ken and Michelle DuClose and Ken's brother Mike DuClose had already gotten out of the house. However their dog a Yorkshire terrier named Owen and a cat named Dat didn't make it out.
Michelle awoke to a sound and then realized it was the fire. The house was already full of smoke. Her husband tried to extinguish the fire and realized the fire was too big when he, Michelle and Mike ran out of the house. A neighbor saw the flames and called 911.
At this time the possible cause of the fire may be due to an unattended burning candle. The owners do have fire insurance. Estimated damages are approximately $170,000.
There were no human injuries to report.
Jerry Freeman is part of a new generation of dedicated news photographers who entered the Internet news industry as a second career. He shares in common with many people who fulfilled their life dream of becoming a visual journalist. Joining the Navy at an early age, and the Oregon Army Guard a few years later, Jerry has a wide range of life experiences. He describes himself as “a truck driver with a new found passion to bear witness to the world’s events.”
Teaming up with Salem-News.com he embarked on a new career as a video news photographer and reporter. Jerry's quick exhibition of natural talent and ability to shoot breaking news led to his becoming a published member of the Salem-News.com team.
Articles for December 7, 2012 | Articles for December 8, 2012 | Articles for December 9, 2012
|Contact: email@example.com | Copyright © 2013 Salem-News.com | news tips & press releases: firstname.lastname@example.org.|