Friday June 5, 2020
Jul-09-2014 16:18TweetFollow @OregonNews
Report: Carmelo Anthony Staying in New YorkSalem-News.com Sports
The Knicks offered Anthony a max deal of $129 million, some $33 million more than any other team could offer.
(NEW YORK) - Carmelo Anthony isn’t waiting on LeBron James or anyone else.
He is sticking with the New York Knicks, according to Frank Isola of the New York Daily News. The official announcement is expected to come Thursday, the first day free agents can sign deals and trades can be stamped by the NBA.
A person close to Anthony told The News on Wednesday that barring a last minute change of heart Anthony will re-sign with the Knicks after “agonizing over this” for the past week.
“He will have something for everybody on Thursday,” said the friend who was with Anthony before Anthony’s scheduled workout with Kevin Durant and Kevin Love in Los Angeles on Wednesday. “He is really torn because this is the biggest decision of his career. But he wants to get it done in New York. He told me he believes in Phil.”
The Knicks offered Anthony a max deal of $129 million, some $33 million more than any other team could offer. The team, according to many sources, has yet to be told of the decision. But the Knicks had been considered by many to be the front-runners.
Articles for July 8, 2014 | Articles for July 9, 2014 | Articles for July 10, 2014