Saturday September 21, 2019
SNc Channels:

Search
About Salem-News.com

 

Jul-30-2014 20:40printcomments

Improperly Disposed of Cigarette to blame for Fire at Portland Sizzlers

Damage estimates are set at $40,000. No injuries were reported.

Portland Fire and Rescue
At 7:02 p.m. Tuesday evening, Portland Fire and Rescue responded to a Commercial fire at 3737 SE 82nd Ave, Sizzlers Restaurant. Image Courtesy: PF&R

(PORTLAND, Ore. ) - At 7:02 p.m. Tuesday evening, Portland Fire and Rescue responded to a Commercial fire at 3737 SE 82nd Ave, Sizzlers Restaurant.

When firefighters arrived they found a fire on an exterior wall that had extended into the building. The restaurant was occupied at the time but everyone was able to evacuate safely.

The fire was extinguished and fire investigators at the scene determined that the fire had started from a cigarette improperly discarded in bark dust near the building.

Damage estimates are set at $40,000. No injuries were reported.

Portland Fire and Rescue would like to remind residents that due to unusually dry and warm weather there needs to be more than usual caution taken around combustible vegetation. Discard cigarettes in proper fire safe containers with a lid.

Source: Portland Fire and Rescue




Comments Leave a comment on this story.
Name:

All comments and messages are approved by people and self promotional links or unacceptable comments are denied.


[Return to Top]
©2019 Salem-News.com. All opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Salem-News.com.


Articles for July 29, 2014 | Articles for July 30, 2014 | Articles for July 31, 2014
Donate to Salem-News.com and help us keep the news flowing! Thank you.

Support
Salem-News.com:

googlec507860f6901db00.html
Special Section: Truth telling news about marijuana related issues and events.

Your customers are looking: Advertise on Salem-News.com!

The NAACP of the Willamette Valley