Sunday December 17, 2017
Sep-25-2014 07:18TweetFollow @OregonNews
Apartment Fire in Keizer is a Safety Reminder for ResidentsSalem-News.com
Turning on the heat should be done with care so as not to create a hazard for your family.
(SALEM, Ore.) - Keizer firefighters responded to the report of an apartment fire Wednesday morning. The fire was reported by a neighbor who had been smelling smoke occasionally and then noticed smoke coming from his bathroom sink.
Upon investigation, he found smoke coming from his neighbors window. He promptly called 9-1-1 and began notifying other residents of the apartment complex that there was a fire. No one was in the apartment at the time of the fire.
The call was received at 11:10 am for an apartment fire in the 100 block of Garland Way N, in Keizer.
When firefighters arrived on scene they found smoke coming from the rear of a second story apartment. Firefighters were able to quickly extinguish the flames.
Firefighters were on scene for less than an hour extinguishing fire and ensuring the fire had not spread inside the apartment building.
Two engines, one medic, one ladder truck, one duty officer, and 12 firefighters responded to the incident. No one was injured and there was no estimate of damage to the home or contents at this time.
The cause of the fire was attributed to a mattress being placed too close to a baseboard heater.
We are having increasingly cooler nights, and heaters are being turned on every where. District officials would like to remind our community that they should always keep combustible materials such as furniture away from heat sources. Your life could depend on it.
Source: News Release from Keizer Fire Dist.
Articles for September 24, 2014 | Articles for September 25, 2014 | Articles for September 26, 2014
Sign Up Now!