Sunday April 23, 2017
Dec-11-2012 11:39TweetFollow @OregonNews
Medical Marijuana: 22 Million Felon UsersDr. Phillip Leveque Salem-News.com
US government statistics....
(PORTLAND, OR) - The recent elections with Washington and Colorado legalizing marijuana has caused a tremendous kafuffle. THe police and district attorneys are hustling about like a chicken with no head. (Very appropriate, they are not acting!)
Meanwhile, TV stations and newspapers are flapping their wings. ---- What are we going to do?
In the midst of all this furor, I received comments to my own Website articles laying out the confusion and consternation of the US govt anti-marijuana diatribe; that marijuana is still dangerous addicting. It is dangerous because of the ulta-foolish stance of the government stooges filled with cheap District of Columbia booze, nothing else!
One of the responders to my article, 'Medical Marijuana Error and Paranoia in Newspapers', Salem-News.com Nov 11 2012, Malcolm Kyle, writes that in 2010, there were one 1,638,846 drug related arrests and 853,839 for marijuana violations. I doubt if there were as many for alcoholic drunkenness, which is far more dangerous and lethal. He also gave several references to the great benefit of marijuana for many terrible diseases including cancer, HIV/AIDS and schizophrenia.
Right after that, I received a letter from George Soros, a strong supporter of legalizing marijuana, with a menu of drug war facts which the bozos in Washington DC are ignoring.
I will enumerate:
(1) In 2010, the US govt spent 50 billion dollars per year on the failed war on drugs.
(2) 1,638,846 people arrested on drug charges.
(3) 853,838 people were arrested on marijuana charges.
(4) 750,591 were arrested on marijuana possession only.
(5) 2,424,279 Americans were behind bars for drug possession.
(6) 2/3rd's were Black or Hispanic.
(7) The tax revenue, if marijuana were taxed, would be 46.7 billion.
(8) 200,000 college students have lost grants for marijuana use.
(9) 27,658 people who have died from drug overdose
(10) 0: the number of people who died from marijuana use.
(11) $49,000 - the cost per year for putting a marijuana offender in prison. (Why don't we send them to Harvard)
(12) 22 million Americans use marijuana
Yes, the Drug War is a Costly Failure-------- LEGALIZE!
Dr. Phillip LevequeDr. Phillip Leveque has degrees in chemistry, biochemistry, pharmacology,
Before any of that, Phil Leveque was a Combat Infantryman in the U.S. Army in WWII. He suffers from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder more than 60 years after the war, and specialized in treating Veterans with PTSD during his years as a doctor in Molalla, Oregon. Do you have a question, comment or story to share with Dr. Leveque?
More information on the history of Dr. Leveque can be found in his book, General Patton's Dogface Soldier of WWII about his own experiences "from a foxhole". Order the book by mail by following this link: DOGFACE SOLDIER OF WWII If you are a World War II history buff, you don't want to miss it.
Articles for December 10, 2012 | Articles for December 11, 2012 | Articles for December 12, 2012